Create a vendor by either clicking the left side menu ‘Vendors’ then ‘New Vendor’ or the ‘New Vendor’ button located at the top of the Vendor List. Both will open the new vendor page.
Creating a Vendor
On the New Vendor page you can enter the following information:
- Vendor Details: The only required field is vendor name when creating a vendor. The vendor name can be a company name or an individual’s name. Select the vendor type, and enter the vendors business email and phone if the vendor is a company.
- Contact: Enter the vendor contact information. If the vendor is an individual, enter their name as the Vendor Name and also enter in the contact section.
- Address: Enter the address for the vendor.
- Financial Info: You have the option to enter a credit limit, account number, and Tax ID or SSN. The balance will display the balance of any Bills received and Bill Payments made for this vendor.
- Field Resource: If you want to be able to assign this vendor to jobs, select this option. If selected, the vendor will be displayed in the Field Resource dropdown on the job page. You also have the option to assign the vendor a color code which will display in the calendar.
- Save: Make sure to click the ‘Save’ button when done!
- Review Vendors Overview for a high level vendor overview
Editing a Vendor
To edit a vendor click the left side menu ‘Vendors’ then ‘Vendor List’.
Your Vendor List will display. Use the search feature to find the vendor. When found, click anywhere in the row to open the Edit Vendor page. Edit any of the information as needed. You will see menu tabs at the top of the Edit Vendor page. Click the ‘Transactions’ tab to view transactions associated with the vendor.
Don’t forget to click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the page if you made any edits!