The ‘Jobs’ tab manages all jobs for your business. Below we will review how jobs are used to create estimates, work orders, invoices, recurring maintenance, service contracts and more. For example, to create an estimate (quote/proposal) for a customer, create a new job and set the Job Status to ‘Estimate’. If your customer wants to move forward simply update the Job Status to ‘Work Order’ and schedule it. You can create an invoice from the job when the work is complete. It’s that easy! Everything is created from the job. No duplicate data entry.
Jobs List contain all jobs for your company. To edit a job, click on the Job ID or Job Name in the list. To create a new Job click the left side menu ‘Create a new Job’ or the ‘Create a new Job’ button at the top of the list.
- Open Jobs list contains all jobs with a status of Estimate, Work Order, Invoiced, and any additional custom Job Status you created in the Admin tab.
- Lost Estimates list contains all jobs with a status of Lost Estimate. This list can be used to review the history of why the job was lost. When the status is changed to Lost Estimate it will automatically be moved to this list.
- Closed Jobs list contains all jobs with a Status of Closed. When a Job Status is changed to Closed it will automatically be moved to this list.
- All Jobs displays all jobs for every Job Status.
Jobs List Filters – The Jobs List has several filters along the top of the table describe below. Filters can be used in combination.
- Field Resource – Filter for jobs assigned to a specific Field Resource.
- Job Status – Filter by Job Status. Additional Job Status’ can be added in the Admin tab.
- Job Priority – Filter by Job Priority. Additional Job Priorities can be added in the Admin tab.
- Account Manager – Account Managers can be assigned to each customer. This filter will only show jobs for the customers of the selected Account Manager.
- Location Zone – Filter by Location Zone which can be added in the Admin tab and assigned to customers.
- Date Range – Enter a date range or select a pre-defined date range from the drop down. This will filter by Start Date.
- Column Headings – Many columns are sortable. Click on the column heading to sort ascending or descending.
Job Search is a quick way to find a Job. Simply start typing in the input field and the job list will narrow with each character added:
- Job Name– Start typing the Job Name.
- Job Description – Start typing the Job Description.
- Job ID – Every Job has a unique ID. Enter the Job ID and click the arrow to edit the job.
- Customer Name – Start typing the Customer Name.
Job Status is the term used to describe the current status of the job. There are five default Job Status’ created in your account which cannot be changed. However, additional Job Status’ may be added in the Admin tab. The default Job Status’ are:
- Estimate – A new or existing Customer requesting a Job Estimate. An Onsite Estimate can be Scheduled or an Estimate created on the phone and emailed or faxed to customer. It is your option depending on your business.
- Lost Estimate – You did not win the business. The details can be added to the notes in order to review Lost Estimate history and increase your win/loss ratio.
- Work Order – Work Order requested from customer. The Job Status may be changed from Estimate to Work Order or a new job with status of Work Order can be created.
- Invoiced – Job has been invoiced
- Closed – Payment has been received by customer and the job is closed
Creating a new Job
- Click the ‘Create a new Job’ left side menu or the ‘Create a new Job’ button at the top of the job list to open the new job page. The only required fields are the Job ID and Customer. Select an existing customer in the drop down or create a new customer by selecting ‘Click here to enter a new customer’ in the drop down. Enter any additional job information as desired including a job name, description, items, notes and attachments. You can schedule and assign the job now or at another time. To schedule, enter an appointment date and time or use the Scheduling Calendar button. The Scheduling Calendar gives you the ability to view a specific Field Resource availability or search for any open date and time.
Recurring Job Appointment
- To set up a recurring appointment for a job, select the ‘Recurring’ checkbox located in the Appointment Details section. This will open the frequency section. Select the desired recurring frequency. The options are similar to most standard calendars such as Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendar.
Multiple Job Appointments
- If multiple appointments need to be scheduled to complete a Job select the ‘Add Appointment’ left side menu on the job page. Add as many appointments as needed which will be listed in ‘Job Appointments’ list. A different Field Resource may be assigned to each Appointment.
Job Appointment List – If you added more than one appointment to a job, it will be displayed in the ‘Job Appointments’ list. Additional appointments are created by clicking the ‘Add Appointment’ left side menu.
- Editing a Job Appointment – To edit an appointment in the Appointment List click on the Appointment Type or Start Date.
- Sending Text Alerts – Send a Text Alert to the cellular phone or wireless device of your Field Resources for any new or updated Job. When Scheduling a New Job or updating an existing Job you will see the option of ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to send an alert. Please note – be sure to have the Employee or Vendor Text Email Address entered in their profile.
- Map It – To view and print directions to the job location click on the ‘Map It’ link next to the service location. The address will be open in Google Maps.
Job Items are the services you will provide to the customer including labor, materials, and expenses. Items function the same way as in QuickBooks and other accounting software. The items you enter will be included on the estimate, work order, and invoice.
- When creating a new job the Job Items section will display your Item List that was created in the Accounting tab. Select each item you want to add and enter a quantity. If you are an Admin user or have the permission as a Standard user yo will be able to edit the item name, description, price and cost.
- When editing a job use the ‘Add Job Item(s)’ menu to add additional items. A popup window will open displaying your Item List. Items may be added, edited, or removed at anytime. To edit a job item click on the name and an edit item popup will open.
Creating an Estimate
- First create a new job and set the Job Status to ‘Estimate’.
- Enter the Customer Name, Job Details, and quantities of each Job Item for the Estimate. Click ‘Save’.
- Click the ‘Create Estimate’ button to open the new Estimate page. Confirm all estimate details and click ‘Save’. The “Print” button will then be displayed. Click the Print button to generate a PDF document which may be saved to your computer, printed, emailed, and faxed.
- The Job Items may be modified and a new estimate created at anytime. To add more Job Items click the ‘Add Job Items’ button in the Job Items section. To edit a Job Item click the Item Name in the list to modify the quantity, price, or completion date.
Scheduling a Work Order
- A Work Order PDF document is created when a New Job with an Appointment Type of “Service” is created ( “Service” is the default Appointment Type each time a New Job is created). The Job Items selected will be placed on the Work Order.
- Once you have entered all of the Work Order information click “Save”. The “Work Order PDF” button will become active. Click the Print Work Order button to generate the Work Order PDF which may be saved to your computer, emailed, printed, and faxed.
- The Work Order is also viewable by clicking ‘Print’ in the ‘Job Appointment’ List.
- If a Job has a status of ‘Estimate’ and you have won the business, create a Work Order by simply updated the Job Status to ‘Work Order’. Enter any additional information and click ‘Save’.
Creating an Invoice
- To create an Invoice click the ‘Create Invoice’ button in the Job Item section of the job page. Check all Job Items to be invoiced. To create a partial invoice check the desired Job Items to be invoiced. As a default, when creating an invoice, all Job Items marked ‘complete’ will be automatically checked for invoicing. The Job Item Completed’ feature would be used if the Job is still in progress but partial payment is required. To prevent billing errors, once a Job Item is invoiced it may not be selected again. Confirm all details for the Invoice and click ‘Save’. When saved, an invoice transaction is created.
- To generate the Invoice PDF document click “Print”. The invoice PDF may be saved to your computer, printed, emailed, or faxed.
- To edit an invoice click on the Invoice Total or Invoice Number in the Invoice List in the Accounting tab. You can also view the invoice transaction in the Customer or Job Transaction List by clicking the left side menu “Customer Transactions” or “Job Transactions”.
- To mark the invoice paid, enter a “Receive Payment” transaction in the Accounting tab or click “Payment” in the Invoice List in the Accounting tab.
Job Reports can be run by following these steps:
- Filter and/or sort the Job List for the jobs you want to be exported.
- In the upper right corner of the job list click on one of the Run Report export format options: CVS, Excel, PDF, or HTML.
- The report pop-up will open. Check each data field you want to include in the export.
- Click the ‘Export’ button at the bottom of the pop-up.
- Custom Reports can be created in the Admin tab and data fields pre-selected.
Job To do’s – Job To do’s may be created by clicking the ‘Add To do’ left side menu. The To do will also be placed in the To do’s tab. The To do assigned to an employee or vendor will display on their ‘My Home’ page. The To do will also be displayed on their Schedule Summary PDF.
Editing a Job
- Click on the Job ID or Job Name in the list and edit data as needed. Click ‘Save’ when done.